How to add a video to your website
Videos can be a fantastic marketing tool, whether you create a tour of your premises, an overview of your services, introduction of staff or a useful tutorial. Adding a video to your website is easy! Just follow these simple steps.
- Create a Youtube account and upload your video to Youtube. Youtube is the biggest video hosting platform in the world and will make it easy to share your video on the internet, including your website.
- Once you have uploaded your video, go to view the video on Youtube. Below the video, click on the “Share” link, then on the “Embed” link below that.
- Choose an appropriate size for your video, either from the presets in the dropdown box or by typing in a custom size
- Copy the embed code
- Go to your website admin panel, login and navigate to the page or article that you’d like to add the video to
- In the text editor, you’ll need to switch over to “code view” to be able to insert your embed code. In Joomla, you can do this by clicking on the “show/hide” link above the editor or on the symbol. In WordPress, click on the “text” tab above your editor.
- Paste your embed code where you would like the video to appear.
- Save your page and check your website to make sure the video sits in the right position.
How to autoplay a video: If you’d like your video to automatically start playing when someone visits your web page, you’ll need to add some additional code to your embed code. The video URL will generally end in ?rel=0. Youll need to add &autoplay=1 to the end of that URL, so that you will have something similar to this: www.youtube.com/embed/12345678?rel=0&autoplay=1